Sunday, October 24, 2010

Block 25

Here is our next block set out and ready to go.  Apparently I was neglectful with the photos on this one.  Here everything is set out with the corner and centre square-in-a-square blocks, the 1/2 square triangles, and flying geese done.  Take note that the white and read 1/2 square triangles in the outer border are actually rectangles.  The remaining 1/2 square triangles in the outer border and not squares and they're also not 45* angles.  I was feeling lazy about the math for piecing so I did them for paper piecing.

Here the paper piecing has been completed and trimmed to size.  I've attached the centre square-in-a-square to the flying geese.  I've also started working on the 1/2 square triangles for the next border and outer border.

Here the work continues on the middle 1/2 square triangles.

Here the middle 1/2 square triangles have been attached along with the middle strips.  Can you see that what remains is a 9-patch?

And here is our completed block.


1 comment:

Stitched With Prayer said...

Thank you sooooooooo much. I've been wondering where I could find directions. Hugs...